This post may contain affiliate links
This is my first Travel Hack ! I had found this Eastern Europe trip in one of my many travel brochures and was quite interested.
But I was not a fan of doing a coach trip for two weeks or the price involved. It would have come to nearly £3000+ and I know that we wanted to experience and see things at our own pace – not at the whim of a touring company. So I decided to see if I could make the trip cheaper and stay in less places
- Flights – Ryanair to Budapest with reserved seating: £81.98
- Hotel in Budapest; Queen’s Court Hotel & Residence for three nights: £185.00
- Flights – Budapest to Belgrade: £193.48
- Hotel in Belgrade; Hotel Excelsior for two nights with complimentary dinner: £152.00
- Flights – Belgrade to Sofia: £186.40
- Hotel in Sofia; Hotel Downtown for one night: £63.73
- Flights – Sofia to Belgrade: £147.54
- Hotel in Bucharest; Europa Royale Bucharest for four nights: £189.01
- Flights – Ryanair with reserved seating Bucharest to Stansted: £87.85
We land at 13.30 pm – perfect as I returning to work at 8am the next day ! The total cost so far is £1,286.99 and that is not including transfers, tours and food. But I very much doubt that it will top the £3000 I was originally quoted to do the other tour. So this should be fun, and this will be my test, to see if I want to book more independent travel rather than rely on a travel company. Time will tell.