This post may contain affiliate links
Streamlining my skincare is my new goal. Too much stuff for so long, had enough of it all. With all my skin irritation in 2021, I used very little and my skin preferred this. These are my thoughts
- Not buy micellar water for the morning cleanse, use LRP Toleriane which I use as a second cleanse in the evening.
- New Liz Earle eyebright does not work, once finished all I have, use LRP Toleriane as this works on my eyes.
- Not buy eye cream, do not see any difference with all I have tried.
- Not buy moisturiser for the AM, use LRP SPF 50 in summer and Elemis SPF 30 in autumn in winter
- Not buy some many serums and extra products like single ingredients serums
- Not buy big 400ml products, as I get bored, stick to the 150ml.
- Less is more
- Budget/high street skincare
- Cruelty Free Skincare is this a pipe dream ?
- Be very picky !
What I Will Repurchase
- La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser – can use in the am on my eyes and pm as the second cleanse
- Olay Retinal 24 – night – multi product for night
- Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Mask, multi use, can also use as a night cream
- L’Oreal Midnight Serum – multi ingredient serum, only when on offer.
Streamlining is such a good idea for me, now I have to work out what I like, what fits my budget and wants. I am halfway there. I still have a lot of things to use up and I will. But using up a lot of my skincare this year. I can get it cut back and not repurchase unnecessary things. It is all part of the minimalist life that I am working towards. Minimalism is intentionally living with only the things that you absolutely need. It’s having and being surrounded by fewer material items, so you can do more with your time and life. Streaming my skincare is a big step, and I hope it plays off.