This post may contain affiliate links
CeraVe is the dermatologist recommended skincare brand that contains three essential ceramides to restore skin’s natural barrier. Since the creation of the brand in the USA in 2005, every CeraVe product has been developed with leading dermatologists. The brand now offers a range of skincare products, especially cleansers, moisturizers and healing ointments. The products are highly effective and non-irritating, while remaining accessible, affordable and simple. They answer various skin issues that affect quality of life. The success of CeraVe is based on formulas combining 3 essential ceramides (ceramides 1, 3 and 6-II). Ceramides are lipids (oils) found naturally in skin and are essential in supporting the skin barrier and retaining moisture. Without ceramides, skin can become dry, itchy, or irritated. Ceramide loss or altered composition are associated with numerous skin concerns, which is why CeraVe is positioned to address a variety of skin issues ranging from dry skin to eczema and acne. Thanks to a revolutionary delivery patented technology, the Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE), which releases continuously active moisturising ingredients, the hydration is sustained during the day with just one use. CeraVe is one of the fastest growing skincare brand in the United States. More than 20 CeraVe products have been recommended by the National Eczema Association. Among them, the Moisturising cream is the most recommended products by dermatologists in the USA.
- This brand did not arrive in the UK until March 2018. I brought a sample of the Hydrating Cleanser in June 2018 whilst I was in Austria travelling. But did not get around to trying this until February 2019. And I feel in love with this product. I then brought and used up bigger sizes and will always have this in my skincare routine.
- The micellar water, that was nothing special and not a patch on my long term favourite Bioderma.
I then tried the moisturisers and used them for about six to nine months
- The large size Moisturising Lotion is perfect for my husband’s eczema and he enjoys this. Another keeper.
- The Facial Lotion was next, a perfect morning moisturiser for the autumn, winter period in the UK. With added SPF 25, my face enjoyed this. And for £9, the price point was good for me. This lasted me over six months, and I used it every morning when I stayed inside. I wore a different brands SPF 50 when I had to go outside for errands, days out or appointments.
- The Facial Lotion for the pm was next to be tested. I had both the UK and USA versions. My friend brought me back one from his last visit. The UK one was very light and I am not sure I liked it and would buy it. The USA one, very similar but more watery for me. People have been raving about. This was okay, nothing special. And this lasted ever longer than the UK, but then it is an 89ml. If I was going to buy this again, I would buy the UK one as the pump and packaging was better for me.
The SA Smoothing Cleanser and Cream, I use on my body and this was lovely. But not sure I will be purchasing the cream. The cleanser I probably will. On top of removing oil, dirt and makeup, the CeraVe Smoothing Cleanser helps to alleviate rough and bumpy skin texture; the 0.5% salicylic acid in the formula gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it feeling smoother in just 3 days
I got the eye cream for free on a recent three for two offer. Specifically developed to hydrate and protect the delicate eye area. This lightweight formula, which contains marine and botanical extracts, moisturises the delicate skin around the eye whilst also leaving the area around the eyes looking brighter and more awake. It helps to reinforce the protective skin barrier. This was nice enough, on the fence if I would buy again. I like a richer product for my aging skin.
Next on my shopping list is the Vitamin C and the Retinol serum if they ever get released here in the UK !